Monday, May 28, 2018

THIS WEEK ONLY (5/28 to 6/3) - Free Upgraded CITY WALK Travel App Giveaway!

Pin ThisShare on Google Plus


Many of our most popular walking tours of Carmel and Monterey have been turned into IOS apps by the wildly popular online travel company, GPSMyCity


Newport, Rhode Island Cliff Walk 

They are best known for producing "City Walk" apps for almost 1000 cities around the world. Each basic City Walk app can be downloaded for free which then allows you to access each article off line; meaning you can read it while traveling, even if you don't have internet access.



For a small fee, the real power of the apps can be unlocked.  The upgraded version of each app provides a GPS-enabled off-line map. With the article now married to a GPS navigator, it becomes easier than ever to plot out your site seeing routes, enabling you to find and enjoy all the points of interest mentioned in the article. You become your own tour guide. 



To give everyone a chance to see the full power of their upgraded apps, GPSMyCity has allowed us to offer a free app upgrade (from May 28th to June  3rd, 2018) of one of our new tours - "Momboisse Family Adventures in Newport, Rhode Island." (https://www.gpsmycity.com/blog/4351.html) 

Some of the pictures of our Newport, Rhode Island tour, where we explore the historic downtown and walk the entire Cliff Walk, can be seen throughout this post.




To get started, follow this link  tinyurl.com/j9bylas and download the GPSMyCity app to your IOS or Android device. You will then be taken to the page for the article app – click on Upgrade and the app will be automatically linked to an offline map and the GPS navigator and the full power of the app for that article will be unlocked.




Just to be clear, the ability to upgrade this article for free is available through Sunday June 3rd, however, once upgraded the benefits are yours to keep forever.



We think that once you see the upgraded app in action you'll be hooked.  The ability to fully harness the GPS capabilities of your smart phone to follow along with our many tours in real time is incredibly useful and a lot of fun.  Let us know what you think.



Until Next Time Happy Adventures! 

***************

For an interactive map and guided walking tour covering many of our tours please be sure to download the GPSmyCity App from the iTunes store. The App covers an extensive library of articles and walking tours from over 1000 cities worldwide, and now features articles from Adventures of a Home Town Tourist covering Carmel and Monterey (with more cities on the way).



___

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Carmel Bach Festival Cottages, Gardens, & Cantatas - Index of Past Years

Pin ThisShare on Google Plus
View from Rivermouth 

This blog post is an informational index of the past Carmel Bach Festival Cottages, Gardens, & Cantatas Tours. This event, which is put on every few years, features spectacular gardens and homes in Carmel, as well as the talents of young local musicians. 

Musicians in living room House with Red Gate 

Click on the links below to view the pictures and read about the history of the homes.  


Garden Mission Orchard House

Cottages, Gardens, & Cantatas 2014 
Part 1
Mission Orchard House (Rio Road)

Le Papillon (Hatton Area)


Garden House with the Red Gate 


Part 2

House with the Red Gate (Golden Rectangle)

Cimarron (Scenic) 

Cimarron 


Rivermouth (Carmel Wetlands)

Winton Garden (Carmelo)


Winton Garden 

Cottages, Gardens, & Cantatas 2015

Hess Home (also known as the home of the Countess deKinnoull) 


Hess Home (Mission Trails Park) 
Carrickmacross (Lincoln south of Thirteenth) 

Norfolk Island Pine Hess Garden 

Braemar House Garden 


Love Family Home (also known as Dickinson House)

Braemar House (San Antonio Golden Rectangle)
Love Family House (Carmel Point) 
Cooperman Home (Carmelo) 

Majestic mayten Cooperman front garden

Cooperman Home backyard view of Carmel River Wetlands State Park

Cottages, Gardens, & Cantatas 2016


The piano in Belle's Cottage made its way to California from Ohio on a Conestoga wagon.
 Still beautiful and perfectly tuned.

Photo by Amela Sadagic (Carmel Bach Festival) 



Belle's Cottage (North of Ocean)
Fraser House (Ocean Avenue)
Golf House (Carmel Point)
Thayer House (Carmel Point)



Fraser House (Home of Carmel's first mayor) 


Inside Golf House (Club House of Carmel's only Golf Course)


Thayer House Garden


Musicians Cypress House
 
Photo by Amela Sadagic (Carmel Bach Festival) 



Cottages, Gardens, & Cantatas 2018 


Until next time - Happy Adventures!!!!! 
***************
All photography by L. A. Momboisse unless noted below picture.

For interactive maps and guided walking tour covering many of our tours please be sure to download the GPSmyCity App from the iTunes store. Or visit this site

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Momboisse Family Adventures Baltic Sea - Copenhagen, Denmark (June 12, 2011)

Pin ThisShare on Google Plus
Momboisse Family Adventures Baltic Sea
Norwegian Cruise Tour
 Tour Copenhagen and Christiania, Denmark
Partly Cloudy 63F
Sunrise 4:13 am - Sunset 9:44 pm 


June 12, 2011



Today the Norwegian Sun pulled into Freeport Copenhagen.  We said goodbye to the Øresund Bridge and the windmills, disembarked quickly and were transported by bus to the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Hotel an ultra modern, stark, and meticulously clean hotel across from the Øresund subway station. 

We left our luggage and set off for our last day in Scandinavia and our last opportunity to see Copenhagen.  The plan was to cover the area we had not seen on our first day in port (about 5 miles of walking). 



The Crowne Plaza is six metro stops from Kongens Nytorv the center of the old town.  Architecture passed while traveling  on the ultra modern, driver-less metro, were mega modern, hotels and apartments.




The Danes outside the old city, live in small square box apartments, perfectly fit with optimal use of space into large square cube buildings.  

We exited at Kongens Nytrov metro station and it is a short walk across Kongens Square to Nyhavn.  The Netto-Baden Canal trip left from Nyhavn for a one hour trip through the old canals around the center of town.  This was a good way to reorient ourselves with the main sights.  Once we left the canal boat we were on our own to navigate with only a few landmarks as visual guides.


Holmes Canal 

Our ride criss-crossed the Inderhaven (Inner Harbor) between Holmes Canal and Christianshavn Canal passing Christiansborg Palace on one side and the canals outside of Christiania on the other. 



Once we exited the canal cruise we walked to the beginning of Strøget (the street that goes by many different names, none of which begin with an S) at Østergade then followed this passed, Guinness World Records Museum, a statue of the "Tallest Man in the World," to which I dutifully poised since I am apparently "The Shortest Woman in the World." 

On to Amagertorv and the Stork Fountain then down Vimmelskaftet and Nygade (still on the so called Strøget) to Gammeltorv (Old Square) and the Caritas (Charity) Fountain.  Caritas represents the goddess of generosity.


Water flows from her breasts and from the genitals of the young boy standing by her arm.  This was considered risque during the Victorian era so the fountain was plugged. 


Time has allowed the fountain to flow freely again. 

Next down Frederiksberggade (which is still Strøget) past the Lure Blowers sculpture, which honors early warrior Danes.


The Lure or Lur was used by the Vikings during pagan processions. It is said to sound like a trombone and apparently whenever a virgin walks past the Lure Blowers sculpture the young boys in the sculpture blow their horns. Nothing was heard from them the day we were there. 

At this end of the Strøget  we arrive at Rådhuspladsen (Town Hall Square).  Just about every square in this old town was under some sort of construction.  Possibly, since this city has very few months of good weather and sunlight (at the same time), most of the construction, or general maintenance has to be done during the three short summer months.  It also happens to be the same time that the tourists come to town. We overlooked their dust, but it was hard to overlook the graffiti unfortunately generously interspersed on the beautiful old buildings, and cafe fronts.  

Rådhus

At the Rådhus, we found the gilded statue of Bishop Absalon above the entrance door.  Absalon was the 12th century founder of Copenhagen.  Unfortunately, the Rådhus was closed, as were all government offices on June 12, 2011 in celebration of WhitMonday which comes after WhitSunday or Pentecost. 

The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Denmark is the Danish National Church and is officially support by the government.  Members of the Danish National Church pay a church tax of around 1% of their taxable income. 

National church attendance is estimated at 5% of its membership. This might not be the fault of the people.  In Denmark, Sweden and Finland, most churches we visited required a fee to enter and no longer functioned as a church, but as a museum (illustrating what religion used to look like) or concert hall.  So maybe that is why only 5% actually attend church services, there are few services to attend.  Or maybe it is the other way around. 

Anyway, not able to get into the Rådhus, we spent time with Hans Christian Andersen and walking the enormous parameter of this building, past the Tivoli Gardens (an amusement park), the Palace Hotel, and Glyptotek (a huge museum of art) before heading across the bridge to Christiansborg Slot (a palace).

Christiansborg Slot

Christiansborg Slot is not only the third of the three Slots (Rosenborg and Amalienborg) but is it also the seat of the Danish Parliament and also closed for the national holiday.  

Spectacular grounds and we pretty much had the place to ourselves except for two royal police on horseback who had been following us since the Strøget. 

Stock Exchange

After walking through the interior grounds and under the tall (triple crowned tower), we came out on the other side of Christiansborg, and walked right into the Gothic style Børsen (stock exchange) with its unusual Dragon Spire designed in the shape of four dragon tails entwined together.  This was Copenhagen's stock exchange, but today it houses he Chamber of Commerce. 



Cross the Torvegade Bridge, pass the Christianhavn metro stop left at Dronningensgade and walk to the foot of the greatest climb of our trip, the tower of Vor Frelsers Kirke (Our Savior's Church) at 29 Sankt Anne Gade.  This was our final climb of our trip and our most anticipated.  

The church was built in the 1680's of red brick on a solid granite foundation, it appeared stable enough to risk climbing on stairs the framed the outside of the tower.  

This climb is not an easy one.  Starting on the inside there are 250 steps with the last 50 or so in the form of a ladder.  We climb past the 48 bronze carillon bells.  This is the largest carillon system in Northern Europe; it has a musical range of four octaves, and chimes a different hymn every hour.  

The last part of the climb before arriving at the first level, provides room for only one way traffic.  Patient guides directed traffic in various languages.  Voices only rose when the holding areas reached periodic limits where no one could actually go either way.  In that case someone had to give and back down the ladder or back up the spiral.  Somehow it worked.  


The next part of the climb is on the outside of an ever climbing, ever narrowing spiral turning counterclockwise 150 steps to the top with the last 10 or so steps being wide enough for only one medium sized person.  No give or take here.  Absolutely the best climb on the trip and worth the heart palpitations.


Limited only by how good your eye sight is, the view is fantastic.  Our next stop was Christiania,  When looking down at Christiania, the area is mostly covered by trees, eliminating pictures even before getting there.


The only way down is the way we came up.  So we reverse the 150 steps on the outside, then ladder, and 250 stairs on the inside, one foot in front of the other. 

The video below covers our tour to this point. 

From the courtyard of Our Savior's Church where the residents of Christiania hold a perpetual flee market turn left down Princessegade, where the street becomes progressively more graffiti and garbage filled, to reach Copenhagen's second largest tourist attraction and number one "social experiment."


Freetown Christiania can be entered or exited by two places off Princessegade.  One appears to be as if entering a castle the other under a wooden sign.


Christiania traces its beginnings back to the late 60's with it's official beginning listed as 1971.  Established on the abandoned sight of the Bådsmandsstræde military barracks a number of squatters took over and established their own rules.  In 1972 the Ministry of Defense entered into a contract with the people of Christiania for water and electricity.  The residents pay taxes to the state.  No one owns the land, they just live there as one in commune.  


Nothing can be grown for food because the ground is poisoned from the military use.  Plenty seemed to be growing, but suppose it wasn't primarily for culinary use.  Children abound sitting or playing around grownups who sat in circles smoking very large joints.  623 people are registered as citizens, with 130 of them being children.  Numerous dogs run free, and owners appear oblivious to their doggie doo doo.  


Stalls line "Pusher Street" where marijuana and hash cakes were openly sold with various pricing depending upon where product was from, or how it was grown.  No pictures are allowed in these areas of Christiania, for obvious reasons.  


Most buildings are covered with murals or haphazard graffiti that may, or may not, be considered art.  Though there are bins for recycling, there is garbage left everywhere.  Could be messy tourists and the residents have to clean up each night, I don't know.


There are restaurants here, and though we had planned on eating dinner in Christiania, we were turned off by the garbage and the smell.  Not the smell of marijuana, but the smell of garbage, and dog waste.  I'm sure one would get used to it,  but it wasn't conducive to eating a nice meal alfresco.  

The following video is of our experience in Christiania.  

If there had been no time constraints in Copenhagen tours of the inside of all three palaces, a climb of the Rådhus, quick walk through of the Glyptoteck and a personal tour of Christiania by a resident would have been lovely

Tomorrow we leave and fly home.  Until next time, Happy Adventures!!!!     

****
For an interactive map and guided walking tour covering many of our tours please be sure to download the GPSmyCity App from the iTunes store. The App covers an extensive library of articles and walking tours from over 470 cities worldwide, and now features articles from Adventures of a Home Town Tourist covering Carmel and Monterey (with more cities on the way).
___


All photography or video by L A Momboisse and R M Momboisse unless listed below: 

Crown Plaza Copenhagen - Photo Credit 
Øresund Bridge - Photo Credit 
Rådhus - Photo Credit 
Christiansborg Slot - Photo Credit 

Friday, May 11, 2018

Momboisse Family Adventures Baltic Sea - Stockholm, Sweden - (June 11, 2011)

Pin ThisShare on Google Plus
Momboisse Family Adventures Baltic Sea
Norwegian Cruise Tour
Stockholm, Sweden
Partly Cloudy 63F
Sunrise: 3:42 am - Sunset 9:45 pm 

June 11, 2011


Aerial View Gamla Stan 


The Norwegian sun arrived in Nynashamn, Sweden about 1 1/2 hours from Stockholm.  This would be our only tender transfer.



Originally we had planned on touring this city on our own.  We spent hours learning the various islands, streets and sights. As we got closer to our arrival we decided with three hours plus by train from Nynashamn alone and only ten hours in port, a guided tour would cause us less stress. Glad we made the change.  Armed with plenty of knowledge we were on the first tender at 7:30am and one of the first tours to leave Nynashamn for Stockholm.  


Our bus took a little over an hour to reach our first destination, a viewpoint at the corner of Katarinavägen and Fjällgatan on the island of Sodermalm. 

The city of Stockholm was built on 14 islands, we will visit many of them before the day is over.  From our view point we recognized The Vasa Museum on Djurgarden, the clipper ship turned youth hostel on Skeppsholmen, the Grand Hotel on the tip of Blasienholmen, the Storkyrkan Church on Gamla Stan and the Town Hall.  This is a spectacular and beautiful city on the water.  

The Stockholm Palace (to the right) and the Parliament House (to the left)
 In the background the sunlit facade of the 
Nationalmuseum
and the dome of the 
Skeppsholmen Church

Our driver crossed the Centralbron to the island of Gamla Stan (Old Town) and parked by the Royal Palace.  Here we were given ninety minutes to explore this island on our own.  Without the research we had done on Stockholm our precious little time on this quaint island might have been wasted.  Instead we took off heading straight down Slottsbacken waving at the Royal Palace guards.  They didn't wave back. The following is a short video of our walk. 


Behind us with his back to the Stomkajen canal is the statue of Gustav III King of Sweden from 1771 to 1792.  Ahead the Obelisk, a monument erected in 1977 and considered to be the very center of Stockholm.  In front of the Obelisk is the back of the Storkyrkan (The Great Church) the oldest church in Gamla Stan.  Originally a Catholic Church turned protestant in 1527.  Historically, this is the cathedral where many of the kings of Sweden were crowned.  The most famous piece inside the church is the wooden statue of St. George and the Dragon sculptured by Bernt Norke. 
 
We made a quick left after the Storkyrkan, right on Källargränd and left on Trädgårdsgatan to the courtyard of the Finnish Church.  Here is the smallest (about 12 inches) public statue in Stockholm, the Iron Boy.  He is a favorite of the local residents; the nuns knit caps for him in the cold winter months. 


Back to Källargränd turn left to the Stortorget (Big Square), Stockholm's oldest square.  Colorful, gable topped buildings line the four sides of this square which was once the heart of medieval Stockholm. 

The Stortorget was the sight of the Stockholm Bloodbath.  After King Christian II of Denmark successfully invaded Sweden in 1520, approximately 80 people were dragged to this square between November 7 to the 9th of the same year and executed.  Blood flowed in the streets, thus the name, Stockholm Bloodbath.  

Still early, the square is quite empty.  We watch as the storekeepers set out tables and umbrellas, and the band tunes their tubas.  In a few hours crowds that will descend upon this square filling it to capacity.  

Nobel Museum

At #2 Stortorget is the Nobelmuseet (Nobel Museum).  Stockholm born Alfred Nobel used the money from his invention of dynamite to fund the Nobel Prize.  Since 1901, the Nobel Prize has been awarded to men and women for achievements in physics, chemistry, medicine, and literature in the promotion of peace.  Portraits of the winners hang in this museum.  

From Stortorgate we head down Skomakargatan in search of Tyska Kyrkan (German Church).  Just look up, the skyline ahead is dominated by its tall brick steeple with copper covered spire.  As we get a bit closer we notice the rain spouts are gargoyles.  This area of Gamla Stan was predominately German, thus the German Church. 

The King's Gallery

The highlight of the very dark interior is the King's Gallery, designed by Nicodemus Tessin the Elder.  This golden platform was used by many generations of Swedish royalty.  It rests on pillars suspended over the church floor and is reached by a ornately carved flight of stairs. 

Exit the back of the church yard and right on Svartmangatan take this to the end and turn right on Österlånggatan, past several narrow streets on our way to Oleary's where originally we had planned on having lunch.  However plans changed and we are already 40 minutes into our 90 minute time limit on this island. 

Slussplan 

No time to waste, wave at Oleary's (isn't open  yet anyway) and straight ahead to the Slussplan (Lock's Space).  We have reached the southern end of Gamla Stan, across the Slussplan is Sodermalm where we stopped at the viewpoint earlier in the day. 

Across the street is the statue of Charles XIV John King of Sweden and Norway from 1818 to 1844.  Later in the day we will take a canal cruise that will navigate this lock.  

We are now heading north back up the western side of Gamla Stan.  We did miss finding the narrowest street, Mårten Trotzigs but there is no time to backtrack. 

Walking north on Stora Nygatan we glance right at Stora Gramunkegarnd and see the clock on the Storkyrkan.  It is already 60 minutes into our walking tour. 

Ridderholmen Church 

Cross the Riddarholmen broh (bridge) to the island of Riddarholmen, home of Ridderholmen Church and burial place of the Swedish monarchs.  The building dates from 1290 when it was built as a Franciscan monastery.  After the Protestant Reformation the monastery was closed and eventually transformed into a Protestant church. 

The church is no longer used for services only burial and commemorative purposes.  Inside the walls are lined with Coats of arms of the knights of the Order of the Seraphim. 

Svea Court of Appeals

Across from the Riddarholmskyrkan is the Svea Court of Appeals, founded in 1614 this was the highest court in Sweden until 1789 when the Supreme Court of Sweden was established under King Gustov III.

Cross back over Riddarholmen broh to Gamla Stan, down Riddarhustorget, left on Vasterlanggatan to the front of the gate to Riksdagshuset (Parliament Building).


Parliamentary debates are open to the public and many line the walls of the gallery when Parliament is in session. Our 90 minutes is over and we have arrived back to the bus in front of the Palace in time.  This is a city that requires more than one day to explore.  Our next stop will be the Vasa Museum which is about a 30 minute bus ride away. 

The Vasa Museum 


In 1625, King Gustav II Adolf of Sweden signed a contract for the construction of four new ships.  The Vasa was the first to be built.  Construction began in 1626 in the naval shipyard on the island of Skeppsgarden in Stockholm. 

On August 10th 1628, the Vasa set out from the harbor by the Royal Palace.  Upon reaching the Slussen between Gamla Stan and Sodermalm, sailors climbed the rigging to set four of the ten sails.  Showing off her power and beauty, all of her gun ports both port and starboard were opened and the painted lion carving was visible to the townspeople who lined the shore from Gamla Stan to Skeppsholmen. A salute from one of her cannons was fired and she was off on her maiden voyage.  Just on the other side of Sodermalm she began to "heel to port," which meant she was leaning left.  Water poured into her hull through the open gun ports and barely 1300 meters from shore the Vasa sank.  

An expensive lesson in life, time, and materials, it was determined that the ship lacked stability.  The underwater part of the hull was too small and the ballast (rock weight) insufficient to relation to the rig and the cannons. Hindsight is 20/20. 

Immediate attempts to raise the ship began in 1629 with no success.  In 1665, most of her cannons are raised by divers using a diving bell.  In 1956 the foremast was raised.  In 1957, the Swedish Navy recovered sculptures from the ship.  In 1959, heavy cables were drawn under the ship and Vasa was moved to shallower water in 18 separate stages. 

Finally on April 24, 1961 after 333 years, she was brought above the surface.  Preservation work began in 1962.  Preserving objects from decay is not easy and it would take years to work out a system to preserve her.  A museum built around her opened in 1990, but temperature and lighting took their toll on the wooden ship. 

Maintaining a stable climate became the most important aspect in preserving the Vasa.  In 2004 a climate system is installed to control temperature and humidity.  The museum is deliberately kept dark because the organic materials in the ship can be broken down by high light levels. 

The Vasa will not survive forever, but the Vasa Museum is ensuring that it is preserved as long as possible. 

Inside Vasa Museum 

At the entrance of the museum sits a 1:10 model of The Vasa.  A few feet away in the background is the actual ship.  After substantial research, the model was painted to what was considered to be the original color scheme, thus showing how she would have looked when she set out on her maiden and only voyage. 

Model Vasa with original colors

It is believed that over 100 crewmen as well as women and children were on board this ship when it sank.  Displayed in the Face to Face Exhibition, are 15 skeletons found during the excavations of The Vasa.  The skeletons have each been given names according to the letter of the alphabet and a description of what can be determined for their remains.  "Adam" was between 35 - 40 years old, 165 cm tall. "Filip," found in the steering cabin was probably an oarsman, about 30 years old, 163 cm tall, and he had all his teeth. 

This museum if properly viewed would take half a day.  Informative exhibitions are laid out around the ship with text in many languages.  Besides the Face to Face there are displays on salvaging, recovery, and preservation, life on board as well as life in Sweden in the 1600's and exhibits of the sailing methods of the time.  Our pictures did not come out well due to the lighting inside.  I guess it is one of those museums that just has to be experienced. 

The video below shows our visit inside the museum.
   

The last part of our day is a ferry boat canal cruise which left from The Vasa dock on Djurgarden.  

Parked next to us are two vintage ships, the lightship Finngrundet built in 1903 and the black smoke stacked Sankt Erik icebreaker built in 1915. 



Our ferry hugged the shore along the Strandvaden to view the Hotel Diplomat and then Radisson Blu Strand on the back of Blasiehomen.


Coming to the opening between Blasiehomen and the island of Skeppsholmen a glance right brought the Royla Palace and Storkyrkan on Gamla Stan into view. 

Kastellholmen 

We continued past wooden ships moored off Skeppsholmen and an old loading crane built in 1751.  At the end of Kastellholmen a tiny, typical archipelago island with granite rocks and cliffs, sits a medieval castle where the Swedish flag is hoisted every morning. 


Rounding the end of Kastellholmen the Gondolen Restaurant built 33 meters over the water comes into view on the Sodermalm. 

Gondolen Restaurant 

Next our ferry turns up into Stromkajen - to the right is the youth hostel off Skeppshomen, next the Skeppsholmen bron, then the National Museum and Grand Hotel. 

Slussplan Lock 

From this side of the Strombron, St. James Church and the Swedish Opera House can be seen in the distance.  Our ferry turns back down the Stomkajen hugging the eastern edge of Gamla Stan we pass the Parliament, Royal Palace, and Storkyrkan before passing through the Slussplan Lock. 

Stadshuset

On the other side of Slussplan the steeple of Riddarholmskyrkan on Riddar Holmen Island can be seen.  Once clearing this island we can see the Stadshuset (Stockholm City Hall) on the south eastern tip of Kungsholmen Island.

From here we will  pass the urban area of Stockholm.  Numerous apartment buildings line the granite cliffs with sunbathers hanging off the edge of their personal boulder beach. 

Our ferry will make a 180 in the Riddarfjarden a bay of the Lake Malaren, hug the edge of Sodermalm before navigating back through the Slussplan Lock.  The following video is our Stockholm Canal Cruise in a nutshell.  

After the canal tour, our bus picks us up to return us to Nynashamn and the Norwegian Sun.  This whirlwind tour has come to an end.  Stockholm is a beautiful city worth much more than an eight hour tour. 

Tender back to ship

If time was not an issue a climb to the top of the Stadshuset, tour of the National Museum and a few hours at Skansen would have rounded out this visit.  

Tomorrow we are back in Copenhagen for one last whirlwind day. 

****
For an interactive map and guided walking tour covering many of our tours please be sure to download the GPSmyCity App from the iTunes store. The App covers an extensive library of articles and walking tours from over 470 cities worldwide, and now features articles from Adventures of a Home Town Tourist covering Carmel and Monterey (with more cities on the way).
___


All photography or video by L A Momboisse and R M Momboisse unless listed below:

Aerial View Gamla Stan - Wikipedia 
The Stockholm Palace - Photo Credit 
Nobel Museum - Photo Credit 
The King's Gallery - Photo Credit 
Riddarholmen Church - Photo Credit
The Vasa Museum - Photo Credit 
Inside the Vasa Museum - Photo Credit 
Vasa Model Painted - Photo Credit